Do you remember the "Season of Thanks" and the "Countdown to Christmas" artwork I made? Well, I had them hanging in the same spot on my wall in my kitchen/dining room, and I needed to find something else to hang there, but I just couldn't figure out what to do! I knew I wanted it to be something with Stampin' Up! and most likely using the something from their Decor Elements line. Since we are renting our current home, I didn't want to put something on the wall, I wanted something I could hang & change up for the seasons...with the exception of Thanksgiving & Christmas since I already had something for those holidays. So, here's what I came up with!
I am SOOOOO EXCITED about this!! I JUST LOVE IT!! Okay, that's enough bragging about what I've made, but I just can't contain myself!
Here are the details:
1. Frame is 16x20 & Dark Brown. I got it from Hobby Lobby when their frames were 50% off...they are almost always 50% off!! :)
2. The "Serve The Lord" Decor Elements from Stampin' Up! is Medium Sized & Chocolate in color and is applied to the top of the glass pane. (I also purchased the White "Serve the Lord" Decor Element to use on the extra pane of glass I had leftover when I made the Countdown to Christmas Calendar....didn't use the glass. So when I choose to use a darker DSP, I can just switch out the glass panes!! Brilliant, I know!! :)
3. Measurements: On the top, I used the "Spring Fling DSP" (which is now retired). I used one whole 12x12 piece and one 12x8 piece. I used Hermafix & attached it to the white paper that came as the insert in the frame. On the bottom, I also used the "Spring Fling DSP". I used one piece that was 4x12 and one piece that was 4x8.
4. The Ribbon is actually on top of the glass. I thought it helped to add some texture. I used the So Saffron Twill Tape and the Certainly Celery Twill tape.
5. Something's Missing...I still feel like it needs something else, but I can't quite decide what that little something is. Does it need a bow? Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think?
I ended up choosing the Spring Fling DSP because I made this sign last year & I wanted to have a more coordinated look.
You can go HERE to see more about this swag & another cute Spring project! Enjoy!! Erin